Friday, December 3, 2010

detour

When I was figuring out how to get from Perth back to Sydney to catch my flight home, I decided to take a side trip to Indonesia.  Despite my plan to be in Australia for my entire time in the southern hemisphere, the possibility of curing my yoga withdrawal and learning how to surf better proved to be too tempting!  I've been in Bali for the last two weeks and I'm sad to say that I'm leaving here tonight.  This is the first step in my journey home, which will take me to Sydney and then Chicago for a few days each before getting back to Toronto mid-December.

Bali is truly enchanting!  This place has everything - great food, sun, sand, surf, shopping, interesting culture, beautiful scenery, amazing yoga, kind people - and I've really enjoyed it all.  After just a few days here, you can barely remember what you were doing before you arrived.  (Yes, it actually was hard for me to remember that I've been on vacation for the last six months... this place is that chilled!!)  I've definitely taken my relaxation to the next level here, and had the opportunity to do some things that are a bit out of the ordinary, including visiting a Balinese healer for massage therapy and reflexology (sooo good!!), learning budi suci (breathing and movement techniques that are kinda tai chi-ish) and running into a fortune teller on the street.  It's been quite an experience!  One that I won't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment